Yeasted Cheesy Corn BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 16 oz active sourdough starter shopping list
- 4 oz cornmeal shopping list
- 4 oz yellow cornflour (not cornstarch) shopping list
- 5 oz 12-grain flour shopping list
- 10 oz all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp smoked paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp instant yeast (optional if your starter is very strong) shopping list
- 1 cup 2% milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 6 oz grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the sourdough starter, cornmeal, cornflour, 12-grain flour, all-purpose flour, kosher salt, smoked paprika, basil, yeast, milk and water in a large bowl or stand mixer, stirring gently. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Begin mixing on medium-low speed, for about 5 minutes, then add butter and knead in.
- Continue kneading for 10 minutes.
- Allow dough to rest 5 minutes, then knead 1-2 minutes further.
- Cover bowl and allow to rest 45 minutes.
- Deflate dough and knead briefly to re-distribute the gluten.
- Shape into a smooth ball and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450F and place a pan of hot water on the bottom rack.
- Slash the top of the loaf 1-2 times and place in the oven.
- Bake 25 minutes, then remove the pan of water.
- Bake a further 20 minutes.
- Remove immediately from the sheet and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.