Hoppelpoppel (Eggs with Bacon, Onions, And Potatoes)From strawberrybird 6 years ago
- 3 medium boiling potatoes, peeled shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups lean bacon or ham, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 to taste ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Parboil the potatoes by first bringing a pot of of salted water to boil. Carefully drop the potatoes into the pot. Broil briskly, uncovered, until the potatoes are slightly resistant to piercing with a sharp knife. Be careful not to overcook the potatoes or they will be mushy in the final product.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are soft and translucent. Turn off the heat and set the skillet aside.
- Drain the potatoes, cool to the touch, then dice them (about 1/2 inch square). Add them to the onions in the skillet and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, occasionally turning the potatoes with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, pasley, salt, and pepper with a fork until well mixed. Crumble the bacon and add it to the potatoes. Pour in the eggs. Reduce heat to low and cook undisturbed for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are set, but slightly moist.
- To serve, invert onto a plate. Serve immediately.
The Cookstrawberrybird Fairbanks, AK
- Not added to any groups yet!