Maple Syrup beansFrom theacutie 7 years ago
- 6 cups cooked beans (about 3-4 cans of beans will do as well, any kind of bean will work.) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup maple syrup (If you can't get any, mix 1 cup of table syrup with about 1 tsp of artificial maple extract from the baking section of the store). shopping list
- 3 tbsp dry mustard powder shopping list
- 1/4 pound of diced pork (bacon works well, leaner cuts are good too) shopping list
How to make it
- Place beans in slow cooker.
- Add water, syrup and mustard.
- Cube the pork, and stir it in.
- Heat on "high" for 4 hours, or on low for 6-8, until the mixture is all one colour and the pork is cooked through.
The Cooktheacutie Quebec
The Rating2 people
This is one of the best bean recipes I've made so far - and I make a LOT of bean recipes! I used real maple syrup and a tsp of hickory liquid smoke instead of the pork since I don't eat meat. Delicious, healthy and wonderful over a baked potato! Than...morejo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
This is a nice way to dress up some canned beans. Two cans of cannelini beans gave me exactly three cups. I did add some onion to this as I must have onion in my beans. They are a bit sweet and I think that Jo Jo Ba's idea of the liquid smoke is a...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!