Turkey Carcass SoupFrom DeeLowe 6 years ago
- turkey carcass shopping list
- 4 Whole carrots, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, diced shopping list
- 2 Stalk celery, diced fine shopping list
- 2 clove garlic,minced shopping list
- 2 boxes chicken broth, (64 oz) shopping list
- 1 Can fat free chicken gravy (10 oz) shopping list
- 1/2 Bag egg noodles shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Put turkey carcass in large stock pot, cover with chicken broth. If not enough to cover carcass, add some water. Sauté onion, celery, and garlic in skillet with 2 T. butter until soft and transparent. Add to chicken broth. Add about one carrot to broth and carcass. Bring to a rolling boil on medium high heat. Lower temperature to medium low and cook for about 1 hour or until carcass is white looking.
- Remove bones from pot and discard. Mash carrot pieces. Stir in chicken gravy and pepper. Add remaining carrots and continue to cook until tender, About 15-20 minutes.
- About 1/2 hour before your ready to serve, bring broth back to a boil, on high heat. Add egg noodles and parsley. boil for 10 minutes. Scoop into bowls and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rolls or crackers.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The CookDeeLowe Orlando, FL
The Rating2 people
Don't think a holiday has ever gone by without making carcass soup. Now that I spend the "turkey holidays" at my daughter's and she does most of the cooking, I still get to bring home the carcass for my soup pot. I leave the noodles out.....morewarsawnan in Warsaw loved it
fabcutiesoph in Whereabouts loved it