Frosted Lemon CookiesFrom kitchencook 4 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugars shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Glaze: 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 400 F
- Combine all the cookie ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping the bowl often, until well mixed.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 6 to 8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Frost the warm cookies with the glaze.
- Sprinkle with the grated lemon peel, if desired