Sunday Morning French ToastFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 8 - 10 slices French or Italian bread, cut about ¾” thick (enough slices to cover bottom of a 9x13pan) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk or half-and-half shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- powdered sugar for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in a 9x13 pan.
- Beat eggs with milk, liqueur, sugar, extract and salt until well-blended.
- Pour egg mixture over bread slices to coat evenly.
- Turn slices over to make sure both sides have been coated with the egg mixture.
- Cover pan tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, melt the butter in a large skillet and place bread slices over the melted butter.
- Fry until golden, and then flip slices to fry the other side.
- Remove fried slices to a serving platter and sprinkle powdered sugar generously over the top.