Green Olive Chili Beer DipFrom hungrybear 6 years ago
- 1 bottle (12 oz) Pale Lager beer shopping list
- 1 serrano chili pepper shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 jar (16 oz) large pitted stuffed olives, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoons honey shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 plum tomato, diced shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Make slit in one side of Serrano chili; place in small saucepan over medium heat. Add beer; bring to boil. Remove from heat and cover. Let steep 1 hour to make Chili Beer.
- In large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil; add onion and garlic. Saute 3 minutes; add olives and sauté 2 minutes longer. Add Chili Beer (and chili pepper); boil 10 minutes, until most of the beer has cooked away. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer olive mixture to food processor; add tahini, lemon juice, honey, coriander, cumin and pepper. Process mixture until dip is smooth, with some pieces of olive still visible. Stir in cilantro. Spread mixture on plate or in shallow soup bowl, cover and refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, place on platter, scatter the top of the dip with tomatoes and pistachios, sprinkle with salt and drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the top. Serve with toasted bread, warm sliced pita or pita chips.
- (1 3/4 cups)