Oven Fried Chicken With Beer & ButtermilkFrom goodeat 5 years ago
- 1 cup lager beer shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup assorted herbs, such as parsley, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, chives and basil, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 whole chicken, 3-4 pounds, quartered shopping list
- 2 cups dried bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- In large, shallow dish, whisk together Lager beer, buttermilk, 1/2 cup herbs, salt and pepper. Add chicken to dish, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours. Turn chicken occasionally as it marinates.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In shallow dish, place bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup of herbs. Stir to distribute herbs evenly.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain. Dip each piece of chicken in the crumbs, rolling to coat all sides thoroughly. Place chicken pieces on sheet pan, leaving space between each piece.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is golden brown on top and cooked through. Baking time will depend on size of chicken pieces. To test for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. The chicken is done when the temperature registers 160 F.
- Serve chicken hot, room temperature or cold.