Hibachi-style Fried RiceFrom sjbenoist 2 years ago
- 4 Cups white rice (cooked) shopping list
- 1 Whole white onion (chopped) shopping list
- 2 eggs (beaten) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon garlic (minced) shopping list
- 2 green onion (aka spring onions, chopped) shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- Alternatives include: shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine (for the mirin) shopping list
- 4 oz Protein (your choice) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare all your ingredients in advance, as stir-fry cooking is very fast and you won't have time to measure once the cooking starts!
- Pour your cooking oil (not the sesame oil) into your Wok and heat it up (medium-high for most ranges).
- Add chopped onion and garlic (and any optional protein), stir constantly for 2 minutes. Onion should be softened and becoming clear, while the garlic is nicely browning.
- Add beaten egg and stir until the egg becomes solid. It should still be slightly moist.
- Add rice and stir well immediately to ensure it all receives some oil coating.
- Add soy, mirin, sesame, and green onion. Cooking until hot.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooksjbenoist Saint Charles, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!