Spicy Chili Tomato SauceFrom zena824 6 years ago
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes in puree shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in next 3 ingredients; and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add broth.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add undrained tomatoes, sugar, oregano and salt.
- Simmer gently uncovered for 7 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating1 people
I can think of so many ways to use this - would be great to have on hand for a quick-fix dinner...great post, Zena!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it