Flamed Strawberry Granita !From williamgag 6 years ago
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries washed and everything shopping list
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of water shopping list
- 3 tb spoons of lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 4 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries cut in halves shopping list
- 1/3 cup of cognac (Yes you can substitute for Cointreau or triple sec but cognac is better) shopping list
- 4 strands of mint shopping list
How to make it
- The Granita:
- 1. Mix the strawberries, the sugar, the water and the lemon juice and reduce until it becomes kinda mashed, just before it becomes creamy. Put the mixture in the freezer for one hour, until the edges become frozen.
- 2. With a fork, grate the more iced parts of the mixture and bring them back to the middle. Repeat that process every 20 or 30 minutes during 1 1/2 hour. Cover and let it freeze.
- The flamed stuff:
- 1. In a large pan, cook the brown sugar without moving it for 2 minutes at medium heat. Let cool for 2 minutes and then get it back on the heat.
- 2. Add the strawberries and shake well. Throw the Cognac in (Get your head off the pan lol). Flame the mixture but don't burn it forgot sake. Let the pan cool for 2 minutes. Throw it back on the heat after.
- 3. Simmer until the sugar totally disapears, the sauce, a little fatty
- 4. Place the berries in cocktail glasses, spread some sauce over it and a big cup of granita. Garnish with some leaves of mint.
- 5. Rate, enjoy and subscribe !
The Cookwilliamgag Montreal, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!