Crab Stuffed SoleFrom impssweetp 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onions (I prefer shallots) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped mushroms shopping list
- 13 ozs crabmeat (can use frozen or canned) shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers shopping list
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 8 fillets of sole (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- 3 tbs butter shopping list
- 2 tbs flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole) shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 4 ozs swiss cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9"x13" casserole
- Melt butter in skillet and saute onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Remove from heat and add crabmeat, crushed saltines, and parsley.
- Spread mixture on each fillet. Roll up and place, seam side down, in prepared casserole. (You may use toothpicks to secure fillet rolls)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in flour and salt. Add milk and stir until smooth. Add sherry and stir for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over filets and bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and paprika and bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese melts.:
- Wine:California Johannisberg Riesling
- Note: Don't forget to remove toothpicks, if used.
The Cookimpssweetp Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!