Crock Pot Rio Grande Meat LoafFrom hungrybear 5 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced, seeded jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 4 taco shells, finely crushed shopping list
- 2 large egg whites or 1/4 cup egg white substitute shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 pounds ground round shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot or mild salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Tear off two sheets of aluminum foil long enough to fit in bottom of slow cooker and to extend 3 inches over each side of slow cooker. Fold each foil sheet lengthwise to form a 2 inch wide strip. Arrange foil strips in a cross fashion in cooker, pressing strips to bottom of cooker and extending ends over sides of cooker.
- Combine beans and next 11 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Crumble beef over vegetable mixture and stir just until blended.
- Shape mixture into a loaf the shape of the slow cooker container. Place loaf in slow cooker over foil strips.
- Cover with lid; cook on high setting 1 hour. Reduce to low heat setting and cook 2 to 3 hours or until done.
- Use foil strips to lift meat loaf from cooker. Let meat loaf stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Spoon 1 tablespoon salsa over each serving.