The Ultimate CrabcakeFrom efitobx 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 16 saltines, finely ground shopping list
- 1/2 lb jumbo lump crabmeat shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onion & bell peppers in 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk together egg, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl, then stir in scallion, cooked vegetables, and 1/4 cup saltine crumbs.
- Gently stir in crabmeat,
- Form crab mixture into 4 cakes, (approx 2-3 inch diameter)
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or longer.
- Dredge cakes in remaining saltine crumbs. Heat oil and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in cleaned skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then cook crab cakes, turning only once, until golden brown on each side. (Approximately 4 minutes per side).
- Serve with homemade tarter sauce and fresh lemon wedges.