Chicken With Vodka Sauce Over GnocchiFrom dancingfox 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup vodka shopping list
- 2 cans (or 28 ounces) crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream shopping list
- 2 pounds chicken, breasts or strips shopping list
- 16 ounces gnocchi, prepared according to packaging shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until slightly brown and soft.
- Pour in vodka and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix in crushed tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Prepare gnocchi according to directions of packaging.
- Chop chicken to bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pan.
- Add chicken, seasoning it with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Add lemon juice, stirring well so it will absorb into the chicken.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve by layering, gnocchi first, then chicken, then cover with vodka sauce! Some shredded mozzarella tops this off wonderfully!
The Cookdancingfox Butler, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!