Supermoist Wheat BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 tsp instant yeast shopping list
- 3 cups (13.8 oz) whole wheat bread flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp (0.4 oz) instant mashed potato flakes shopping list
- 2 tbsp (0.6 oz) ground flaxseed shopping list
- 1 tbsp (0.3 oz) wheat germ shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup warm whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 6 tbsp (3 oz) non-fat Greek style yogurt shopping list
- 2 tbsp (1.5 oz) honey shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) melted, salted butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp bulgur wheat shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, whisk together yeast, flour, potato flakes, flaxseed, wheat germ and cinnamon.
- In another bowl or jug, combine milk, water, yogurt, honey and vanilla.
- Add liquids to the flour mixture and stir well to combine.
- Knead with the mixer on low speed for 5 minutes, then add butter and salt and continue kneading for 10 minutes longer, until smooth and supple.
- Place into an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rest for 2 hours.
- Deflate dough and knead briefly. Shape into a round and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a rimmed baking sheet with the bulgur.
- Shape the round of dough into a loaf, roll in the bulgur on the cookie sheet and place into a greased loaf pan. See Photo
- Cover and allow to rise 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake loaf for 50 minutes. Remove from the pan immediately and cool on a wire rack.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
On A Budget559 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Whole Foods142 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
School Lunches And Snacks76 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members