Cinnamon Apple Cookie SwirlsFrom shandy 4 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 4 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 5 apples, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cinnamon red hot candies shopping list
How to make it
- Mix separately apples, sugar, and cinnamon candies. This takes about 2 - 2 1/2 hours of simmering on the stove top OR you can put this in your crock pot on low for the same amount of time. You do not want any floating liquid. Simmer until very thick. Cool.
- Cream shortening. Add sugars gradually and blend until smooth. Add egg, flour,baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Roll out to 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Spread apple filling on dough. Roll up dough with filling like jelly roll.
- Chill for several hours. Slice thinly. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Yield 5-6 dozen cookies
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!