Pork Chops With Apple Bourbon Pan SauceFrom pleclare 2 years ago
- 4 bone-in rib or center cut pork chops(1" thick) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- q TB brown sugar shopping list
- 1 TB vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 c orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 c bourbon shopping list
- 1/4 c apple butter shopping list
- 2 tsp cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 TB unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Pat chops dry with paper towels and season with salt,pepper and 1 tsp brown sugar. Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat until just smoking. Cook chops until well browned,about 5 mins a side. Transfert to plate,tent with foil
- Add orange juice,bourbon,apple butter,vinegar and remaining brown sugar to now empty skillet. Cook over med. heat,scraping up any browned bits,until slightly thickened,about 3 mins..
- Whisk in butter andd thyme. return chops and any accumulated juices to skillet and simmer,turning to coat,until meat registers 145',about 1 mim. Season with salt and pepper.
- Note:To prevent chops from curling as they cook,cut 2 slits about 2 " apart through fat and connective tissue around outside of each chop.