Pasteis De Nata - Portuguese Custard PiesFrom gourmetana 3 years ago
How to make it
- Place the sugar and 6 egg yolks in a saucepan and mix them together with a spoon.
- Add the cream and the cinnamon stick. Place the flour in a small bowl. Take some of the cream mixture and stir it into the flour until it forms a thick cream consistency with no lumps. Then add the flour mixture to the saucepan with the cream.
- Gently heat for about five minutes allowing it to thicken to the consistency of custard.
- Roll the pastry onto individual cups and pour the cream mixture. Place in a pre-heated oven, 375F/180C, for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.