Spicy Yogurt ChickenFrom valinkenmore 3 years ago
- 2 tablespoons hot water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads shopping list
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 onion, very finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed or 4 boneless, skinless thighs shopping list
How to make it
- Place hot water in a small bowl and crumble saffron threads over it. Steep for 5 minutes. Combine yogurt, onion, garlic, cayenne, lemon juice, honey, oil, salt, cumin and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Stir in the saffron water. Add drumsticks or thighs and coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set an oiled rack on top. Place the drumsticks or thighs on the rack and bake until the chicken is golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 30-40 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!