Cauliflower GratinFrom nativeprincess 6 years ago
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 3 pounds) shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- salt & freshly-ground pepper shopping list
- 2 cups shredded gruyere shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan shopping list
- 1/4 teas grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup panko shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 1 quart cassarole with cooking spray.
- Trim the cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Steam the cauliflower in a large pot with a little water over medium-low heat until tender. Remove the cauliflower from the pot to a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan (2 quart) over medium heat. When butter is melted, whisk in the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, whisking constantly to make sure there are no lumps.
- Cook another 3-4 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken. Season with salt & pepper, to taste, add the nutmeg.
- Put the cauliflower into the prepared pan. Top with half of the cheese. Pour the white sauce over the cheese. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs (panko).
- Bake, uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes until golden & bubbly.