Pot Roasted Chicken With PotatoesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 pound roasting chicken shopping list
- 1/2 lemon shopping list
- parsley sprigs or celery tops shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup hot chicken broth divided shopping list
- 8 small new potatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup half and half shopping list
How to make it
- Rub chicken inside and out with lemons then stuff cavity with parsley then truss.
- In Dutch oven brown butter then add chicken and brown well on all sides.
- Season with salt, thyme and pepper.
- Add 3/4 cup broth then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes then cover and simmer until tender about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and carve in serving pieces.
- Discard bones and parsley.
- Arrange chicken on heated platter with potatoes and keep warm.
- Skim excess fat from pan drippings and blend in flour then cook and stir until bubbly and light brown.
- Gradually stir in remaining 1 cup broth and milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened and smooth then simmer a few minutes.
- Spoon some gravy on chicken and pass remaining gravy.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- cathysquickneasydishes Beecher, IL
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- queenmidge Anderson, IN
- msbooch75 Ocean Springs, MS
- taesma Concord, CA
- jowda1 Revere, MA
- rae760 Twentynine Palms, CA
- dixiejet Downsville, LA
- pintobean New Port Richey, FL
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!