Philly Cheesesteak-ish PizzaFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1 large pizza crust, homemade or store bought, slightly prebaked and brushed with olive oil shopping list
- 2-3T olive oil shopping list
- 8oz left over grilled rib eye, prime rib or filet mignon, or premium rare deli roast beef, sliced in strips shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped(optional) shopping list
- 1 sweet or red onion, chopped shopping list
- 6oz fresh mushrooms quartered or sliced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 3T flour shopping list
- 3/4-1 cup cream or half and half shopping list
- dash of cayenne or hot sauce shopping list
- 4oz cheddar or colby cheese, freshly shredded* shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper(+/- a dash of your favorite salt blend, including garlic, onion, etc) shopping list
How to make it
- In medium heavy skillet(I used cast iron), saute mushrooms, peppers and onions until tender. See Photo
- Add steak and toss to combine See Photo. Keep on very low while preparing cheese sauce.
- In small heavy saucepan, melt better over low heat.
- Add flour and stir or whisk until smooth, cooking about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in most of cream or half and half, slowly, until well mixed and smooth. See Photo
- Add cayenne or hot sauce and salt and pepper.
- Cook a few minutes, stirring often, until heated through, thick and smooth. Add more cream, if sauce is too thick.
- Remove from heat and add shredded cheese and stir well until cheese is melted and incorporated. See Photo
To Assemble Pizza
- Spread cheese sauce over bottom of crust. See Photo
- Top with meat/veggie mixture. See Photo
- Top with shredded provolone. See Photo
- Bake on pizza stone, pizza pan or cast iron pan at 375-400 for about 10 minutes, until crust is nicely browned and cheese is melted and browning. (or follow package directions, if using a prepared crust)
- *this sauce will not have the same results, and, in fact, probably won't work at all, if you use the preshredded cheese. See Photo
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Hi Keni. I made something like this too, and it was a big hit. Nice Recipe!jkirk in Waupaca loved it
I've been trying to come up with a steak&cheese recipe forever! I couldn't figure out what to use for sauce . I can't wait to try this one!!MOCHAMO in Cape Cod loved it
all the gang loved this pizza!!! I made it for a Patriots/Bills game!! I also made my cheese burger pizza .....and guess what??? I still have left over cheese burger pizza!!!! The boys give it 2 thumbs up!!!! ;)MOCHAMO in Cape Cod loved it