Stuffed TomatoesFrom beautidiva 3 years ago
- 8 medium tomatoes shopping list
- 4 T butter or margarine divided shopping list
- 2 pkg frozen spinach thawed and drained shopping list
- 3/4 c dried bread crumbs (I save my heals of loaves and make own) shopping list
- 1 tsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 c shredded mozz cheese shopping list
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato and scoop out the pulp. If you have a grape fruit spoon this will work awesome! Leave a 1/2 in shell.
- Turn tomatoes over on a paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile add butter to skillet and cook the spinach. about 7 min.
- Combine the bread crumbs and italian seasoning and put aside 1/4 cup for topping.
- Sprinkle the tomato shells with the garlic salt and pepper.
- Toss the spinach with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Stuff tomatoes in a 9X13. A cookie scoop works awesome.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake 375 for 20-25 min until crumbs are lightly browned.
- This could be a main coarse with some pasta on the side or even a side dish with a steak.