Basic Pizza DoughFrom sosousme 3 years ago
How to make it
- If using a bread machine: Place the ingredients into the bread machine according to manufacturers directions (usually liquids, salt, sugar, flour, then yeast) and turn on machine to pizza dough. Let the machine do the work while you kick back and enjoy the kids, folding laundry or if you are lucky enough, having a cocktail, beer or glass of wine.
- If using a food processor: Put the yeast into the water and pour the sugar over. Let stand for 5 - 15 minutes or until bubbly. Mix the flour and salt together the bowl of the food processor. Add the olive oil and then, with the processor running add the liquid down the shoot and process until a ball is formed. Turn the ball out onto a well floured counter or board and knead for 15 to 20 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Rub extra virgin olive oil over the ball, place in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to double in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- If using a free standing mixer: Follow the directions for the food processor except; mix the dry ingredients in the bowl, add the liquid and then let the food processor do the work for about 10 minutes. Continue with the cover and allow to rise part of the program.
- If doing by hand: same as a food processor, but you have to mix the ingredients by hand before you get to turn it out and knead it.
- Once the dough has risen, separate into 2 portions. Using your hands, hold and fold the dough until you have made a ball, with no seams. Use your fingers to roll the dough into itself. Set the dough on the counter and let set for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, place it onto a floured surface and gently, with the tips of your fingers, starting in the middle and turning the dough as you work, work the dough into about a 6 inch circle. Then take a lightly floured rolling pin, and again, working from the middle, roll the dough into a 10 to 12 inch round. Place the round on a pizza cooking screen taking care not to push the dough into the screen. Top with your favorite toppings; place in an oven that has been preheated to 500 degrees for at least 30 minutes and preferably has preheated pizza stones for you to slide onto, and cook, 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and bubbly. See Photo
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!