Spicy Asparagus And Beef Stir FryFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1 1/2lbs ribeye or better, steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 4T oil(peanut or olive with a dash of sesame, if desired) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2-3t dried pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped in about 1/2 in pieces shopping list
- 1lb asparagus, tips only(freeze the bottoms and use them for veggie stock! :) shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced in about 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 8oz fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, divided shopping list
- 1-2T soy sauce, to taste(I only use 1, and I use Dale's sauce... main ingredient is soy sauce, but it's a lil different...it's a local thing :) shopping list
- dash or more Sriracha(rooster sauce), to taste shopping list
- 2T dark honey or molasses shopping list
- 2T fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- Optional ingredients are canned sliced water chestnuts, bamboo shoots or baby corns :) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- Jasmine, basmati or preferred rice to serve over shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2T oil in wok or similar stir fry vessel. :)
- Toss steak pieces with about 2-3T corn starch.
- Prepare all veggies and keep them and the meat within reach See Photo. Once you start cooking, you will be cooking quickly...no time to chop! :)
- When oil is hot add garlic and hot pepper flakes and toss. Let cook about 30 seconds. See Photo
- Add meat and toss quickly to coat with oil. Cook over medium high heat for about 4-5 minutes, just until medium rare. See Photo
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 more T oil and immediately add peppers, mushrooms and asparagus and toss quickly. See Photo
- Cook about 2-3 minutes in pan(pan will probably be nearly dry, now, and that's okay)
- Add beef stock to pan(reserve about 2T). It will sizzle, so stand back.
- Add tomato sauce and carefully stir or toss to coat veggies.
- Add soy sauce, Sriracha and honey and stir, again. See Photo
- Let reduce about 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix reserved beef stock with a couple T corn starch. More will yield a thicker sauce, so use to your preference.
- Add to wok and let thicken, slightly, about 5 more minutes.
- Add meat back to pan, as well as bean sprouts, cilantro and any of the canned ingredients and reduce heat to medium/low. Heat through for just a couple minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, toss once more and serve immediately over rice.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!