Baked Penne with Italian SausageFrom hooch 8 years ago
- 1 pkt penne pasta shopping list
- 450g italian sausage shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1/3 c red wine shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 can tomatoe sauce shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes with added garlic shopping list
- 1 small can tomatoe paste shopping list
- 2 good handfuls mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- pre heat oven to 170.c and bring a large pot of salted water to the boil..add pasta and cook til al dente'
- Meanwhile place onion and sausage into a large skillet nd cook over a medium heat until browned, pour in the red wine and cook 1 min , stirring to deglaze the pan...stir in the tomato sauce,paste and diced tomatos, reduce heat and simmer 10 mins, stir occasionaly..
- toss sauce thru the cooked pasta and place in oven dish, top with the mozzarella and bake for 20mins or until cheese has melted..
- note...I quite often add a little smoked bacon chopped to change it up a little.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookhooch New Zealand, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!