Spicy Coconut Chicken CasseroleFrom valinkenmore 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 4 (about 3 pounds total) whole chicken legs with thighs shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- ground pepper shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) light coconut milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups canned reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (up to 2) Thai red curry paste shopping list
- 1 cup jasmine rice shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 8 ounces green beans, stem ends removed, cut into 1-inch lengths shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in two batches, cook chicken until browned, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate (chicken will cook more in step 2).
- To pot, add coconut milk, broth, 1/2 cup water, and curry paste; bring to a boil, and stir in rice. Add chicken (with any juices), arranging pieces in a single layer. Cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, until rice is almost tender, 15 minutes.
- Scatter bell peppers and green beans on top of chicken mixture; cover, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.