Lemon Lavendar CakeFrom markeverett 3 years ago
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 tablespoons butter, cut into 10 pieces shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers, crumbled shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 (9 inch) round baking pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan heat butter, milk, and lavender over low heat just until mixture is hot and butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed beat eggs and sugar until thickened and lightened to a cream color.
- Beat in vanilla and lemon zest.
- On low speed gradually add flour mixture and mix until blended. Slowly add hot milk mixture and beat until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between two prepared 8" round pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes then carefully invert cakes onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- For the frosting:
- In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- On low speed gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Beat in honey and lemon zest just until blended.
- To assemble:
- Place one of the cooled cake layers top side down on a serving plate and spread about a ½ cup of frosting over it. Top with remaining cake layer top side up and frost the top and sides of the cake with the rest of the frosting. Garnish cake with long strips of lemon zest and some crumbled lavender flowers. Keep cake in the refrigerator and bring out to room temperature when ready to serve.
The Cookmarkeverett Riverside, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!