Pumpkin Cupcakes With Lush Cream Cheese FrostingFrom dancingfox 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix. I use Libby's 100% pumpkin) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 egg (large) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (ground) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), cold shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- orange sugar crystals (or any other seasonal baking decorations) shopping list
- nutmeg (for sprinkling on top) shopping list
- cinnamon ((for sprinkling on top) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter , sugar, egg, and pumpkin puree.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture.
- Add milk and stir well.
- Line cupcake pan with orange or yellow (for the seasonal Autumn effect) and fill each cup about 3/4 of the way with the mixture.
- Place cupcakes in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, testing with a toothpick after 15. No batter should stick to the toothpick when done.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for about ten minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Make sure they are completely cool before frosting.
- (I use a mixer for this part. I'm sure it can be done by hand, but it will take much longer since the cream cheese should be cold and firm.)
- Blend together cream cheese, vanilla and butter on medium speed for about two minutes or until frosting looks creamy and spreadable.
- Lower speed just slightly and SLOWLY add confectioners sugar. (If it dusts upward, playing a towel over your mixer will help.)
- Continue back to medium speed until all ingredients are well blended.
- Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
- Add a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon to the top of each cupcake. (Don't add *too* much. This is mostly just for show.)
- Add orange sprinkles or other decorations and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookdancingfox Butler, PA
The Rating1 people
very nice I can't wait to make them they are kind of like my spiced apple cupcakes Thanks for sharing
RRrescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it