Chicken Vegetable Stir-fryFrom joe1155 5 years ago
- 4 oz chicken breast, thinly sliced shopping list
- 250 grams green asparagus, sliced on the bias shopping list
- 300 grams broccoli florets, cut in golf ball sized pieces shopping list
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled and sliced in rounds about a quarter inch thick shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp peanut oil shopping list
- 2 tsp rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tsp water shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Set a pot of water (ca. 2 liters) on the stove to parboil the vegetables, add 2 tsp salt. When it comes to the boil, add all the vegetables. After the pot comes back to the boil, cook the vegetables 1 minute (set your timer to avoid over cooking them). Drain into a colander removing as much water as possible.
- A1 tsp rice wine to the chicken broth and set aside.
- While waiting for the water to boil, put the chicken, 1 tsp of the rice wine and a pinch of salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with the peanut oil and some salt over medium high heat. When it is hot, add the chicken and cook until it turns white. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour in the chicken broth, let it boil minute to reduce slightly,
- Add the vegetables, cook for one more minute. Add the chicken and the cornstarch slurry. Let it thicken stirring often.
- Turn off the heat and add the sesame oil. Mix thoroughly, taste to see if you need more salt and serve.
The Cookjoe1155 Munchen, DE
- Not added to any groups yet!