Southwest Spaghetti SquashFrom kytigger 3 years ago
- 1 spaghetti squash (3 pounds) shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, divided I used more cheese closer to 1 1/2 cups cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- I also added jalapeno peppers to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove and discard seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in greased baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until just tender.
- Using fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from hot squash and place strands in large bowl.
- Add tomatoes with juice, beans, 1/2 cup cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt and pepper; toss well.
- Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating2 people
I loved this dish. I added a can of corn, and thought it would be really good with black olives and sour cream as a topping. I will be making this a lot more! (It is just as good re heated for lunch) and oh so healthy. Truly a great vegetarian dish, ...moreiheartmyfamily in loved it
I make this often at our house. My husband and I just love it! I usually add browned, low-fat hamburger or ground turkey to the recipe to make it a one-dish meal.susansunde in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!