Miso Salmon With Sake ButterFrom canzi 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons miso (soybean paste) shopping list
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped shopping list
- cooked rice shopping list
- sake butter ingredients shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peeled and julienned ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon quality sake (Momokawa) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into large dice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- Kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Arrange fish in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon miso mixture evenly over fish.
- Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting twice with miso mixture.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Sake Butter
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, sweat the ginger and shallots in the one tablespoon butter for two to three minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the sake, bring to a boil, and reduce by two-thirds, about three minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, bring to a boil, and reduce by half, about two minutes.
- Add the pieces of cold butter to the sauce, bit by bit, whisking constantly over medium-high heat. The butter will emulsify, creating a thick creamy sauce.
- Once all the butter has been incorporated, remove the pan from the heat. Whisk in the remaining one teaspoon sake and the lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Place Sake butter on plate, top with a bed of rice, place salmon on top of rice.
The Cookcanzi San Diego, CA
The Rating5 people
Fabulous recipesunny in Portland loved it
Amazing! Will make again!ChristineKorda in Framingham loved it
I made this dinner for my boyfriend's birthday...all you heard for a half hour was a bunch of "mmmm mmmm mmmmms"! I try cooking different recipes for him all of the time, but this recipe is by far our FAVORITE!! Needless to say, it made a...morerasberrykitty in loved it