Carrot Cake CookiesFrom FavoriteFixins 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 cup grated carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup currants shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- .Frosting: 8 oz.cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in carrots, nuts and currants. Drop by rounded tablespoonsful 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before frosting.
- Frosting: Cream the cream cheese, honey and vanilla in a food processor until smooth adding more sugar as needed to make the frosting thick but spreadable.
- Note: This recipe should make at least 60 cookies. You can either frost the tops, or sandwich them and get 30 cookies.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!