Chewy Almond Granola Bites (or Bars)From christinem 5 years ago
- 2 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned) shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground flax (or wheat germ) shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (or sunflower seeds) shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup almond butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 - grease a baking sheet (or 9" x9" pan, if making bars)
- In large bowl, combine oats, almonds, flax, flour, salt, raisins and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In saucepan, melt butter. Stir or whisk in almond butter, honey and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and boil one minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined.
- For Granola Bites - form into balls or use a cookie scoop and drop onto baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- For Bars - Press mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 20 minutes. Score with a sharp knife, but let cool completely before removing from pan.