Louisiana Fried ChickenFrom twill10 5 years ago
- Louisiana Fried chicken shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons msg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup milk (Use buttermilk for a crispier coating) shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 frying chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pound size), cut up or use chicken pieces shopping list
- shortening for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, seasoning salt, MSG, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and poultry seasoning in plastic or paper bag. Shake chicken pieces in seasoned flour.
- Combine milk and egg. Dip chicken pieces in milk mixture. Shake chicken pieces a second time in seasoned flour to coat thoroughly and evenly.
- To pan fry: melt shortening in skillet to about 1/2 to 1 inch in depth; heat to 365degrees F. Brown chicken on all sides.
- Reduce heat to 275 degrees F and continue cooking until chicken is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes (this time can vary , so keep eye on chicken). Do not cover. Turn chicken several times during cooking.
- Drain on paper towels on a cooking rack over a pan. This will keep the chicken from absorbing the oil while lying on the paper towel.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!