Easy Mulligatawny SoupFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast (two halves) shopping list
- 3 cups of homemade chicken broth, fat skimmed off shopping list
- 1 medium onion minced shopping list
- 1 stalk of celery minced shopping list
- 1/2 of a green pepper minced shopping list
- 1 green apple grated shopping list
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of allspice shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon of curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamon shopping list
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 teapoon of salt shopping list
- 1 cup of cooked rice shopping list
- cilantro leaves chopped (a few sprigs for garnish) shopping list
- mint leaves chiffonade ( a few leaves for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Poach the chicken breast in the broth for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from broth (reserving stock). Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Saute the onion, apple, celery and pepper in oil until wilted and soft.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, salt and chicken broth. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour. Add chicken pieces and cooked rice.
- Cook over low heat five minutes more to bring up the temp on the chicken and rice.
- Serve piping hot in wam bowls.
- Alternately you could spoon rice into bowls first and ladle broth and chicken over the top. Garnish with chopped cilantro and mint leaves.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Don't know how I missed this when I was looking at your posts, but glad I came back. You got my 5 forks and a big thank-you...Bobrobertg in loved it
Sounds interesting ... and the curry cinches it. I'll print it out and try it. Thanks.cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it
After a quick trip to the store I made and ate this soup. It's very, very good. My kind of comfort food. Thanks.cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it