Beer Braised Beef BrisketFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 3 large carrots,each cut crosswise in 3 pieces shopping list
- 3 med turnip,quartered shopping list
- 2 large onions ,quartered shopping list
- 1 (3-1/2-4 lb) beef brisket shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp salt,divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper.divided shopping list
- 2 TB vegetable oil shopping list
- 12 oz dark beer shopping list
- 2 TB packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Place carrots,turnips and onions in 5 to 6 qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat until hot. Cook beef 6 to 9 mins or till browned,turning once. Place over vegetables in slow cooker.
- Bring beer,brown sugar and cinnamon to a simmer in same skillet over med-high heat,stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Cook,covered on low 7 to 9 hours or till meat is very tender when pierced with fork.