Moroccan-style Stuffed Acorn Squash With ChickenFrom cheffiona 3 years ago
- 2 large acorn squash, halved and seeded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrotes, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 1.2 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked couscous shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- 2. Arrange the squash halves cut side down in a dish. Add about 1/2 inch of water, place in oven until soft.
- 3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 4. Stir in the garlic, celery and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 5. Mix in the garbanzo beans and raisins.
- 6. Season with cumin, salt & pepper and continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- 7. Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and mix in the couscous.
- 8. Cover skillet and turn off heat.
- 9. Allow couscous to absorb liquid for 5 minutes.
- 10. Stuff squash halves with the skillet mixture to serve.
The Cookcheffiona Las Vegas, Nevada
- Not added to any groups yet!