Cubano SandwichFrom FavoriteFixins 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- Cuban, French or Italian bread -- 1 loaf shopping list
- mustard -- 1/4 cup shopping list
- roast pork, thinly sliced -- 1 pound shopping list
- ham, thinly sliced -- 1 pound shopping list
- swiss cheese, thinly sliced -- 1/2 pound shopping list
- pickles, thinly sliced -- 1 cup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Spread the mustard on each side. Layer the roast pork along the bottom half, then add a layer of ham, cheese and finally the pickles. Cover with the top half of the loaf.
- Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil and set it on a baking sheet. Weigh the sandwich down with bricks or a heavy skillet and bake until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Unwrap, slice into individual portions and serve hot.
- These sandwiches are typically made in a hot sandwich press, but the instructions above yield a good approximation. Or use a skillet over a medium-low flame on the stovetop and weigh down the sandwich with another, smaller skillet. A final option is to place the foil-wrapped sandwich on a hot grill and weigh it down with bricks wrapped in aluminum foil.
- The bread can be buttered on both sides before the mustard is spread on it.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!