Taco CasseroleFrom essentialingredients 5 years ago
- 16 oz elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey shopping list
- 1 large shallot or ½ small onion, grated shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 packet taco seasoning shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Velveeta, pepper jack, cheddar, Monterey Jack or any combination) shopping list
- 1 can condensed cream of celery or nacho cheese soup shopping list
- ¾ soup can of milk shopping list
- ½ to ¾ cup taco sauce or salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until just under al dente.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef or ground turkey with the shallot or onion.
- Drain the fat from the meat (this may not be necessary for turkey or very lean ground beef).
- Add 1/3 cup water and the taco seasoning mix and stir to incorporate into meat.
- Simmer on medium low about 5 minutes.
- When pasta is ready, drain and return to the cooking pot.
- Add the condensed soup and the milk and stir to combine with pasta.
- Next add the meat and 1 & ½ cups of the cheese and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with the taco sauce/salsa.
- Bake it in a 350 degree (F) oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with the remaining ½ cup cheese and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or so, just until the cheese melts.
The Cookessentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- Not added to any groups yet!