Cornish Game Hens With Glazed OnionsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 medium yellow onions shopping list
- Boiling salted water shopping list
- 4 small Cornish game hems shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 ounce toasted almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Peel onions and cut in halves crosswise.
- Place in skillet with 1 inch of boiling salted water.
- Cover and simmer 5 minute then drain and set aside.
- Sprinkle cavities of game hens with salt.
- Truss legs and wings then place breast side down on rack set in shallow baking pan.
- Brush with melted butter then roast at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine butter, brown sugar, wine and ginger saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Turn birds breast sides up.
- Place onions alongside.
- Spoon glaze over birds and onions.
- Reduce oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.
- Baste occasionally with glaze.
- To serve sprinkle onion halves with almonds then garnish with mint or parsley.