Vegetarian Lasagna With Caramelized Onions & SpinachFrom chefpriyanka 3 years ago
- 1 15oz Fatfree Ricotta (I used Polly-O Brand or Vegan Substitute) shopping list
- 2 red roasted pepper slices- diced (I used peppers packed in oil) shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried basil (use fresh if you have it on hand!) shopping list
- 1-2 tsp dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbsp red crushed pepper (adjust to your spice level!) shopping list
- coarse black pepper- few grinds shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 large white onion- sliced into thin rainbows shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic- crushed and minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp red crushed pepper (or to taste!) shopping list
- coarse black pepper- a few grinds shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (try to use a good brand!) shopping list
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach (or 1 package frozen spinach) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic- thinly sliced shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- PAM olive oil flavor shopping list
- 9 lasagna sheets uncooked (I used Ronzoni Brand) shopping list
- 1 jar Rustic vegetable Sauce (I used Williams & Sonoma) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fatfree Half & Half (I used Land-o-Lakes) shopping list
- 1 8oz package Reduced-fat Shredded Mozzarella (I used Sargento or Vegan Substitute) shopping list
- 1/2 shredded parmigiana (I used Sargento) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside. It’s best to make it ahead of time, as the ingredients can mingle together and become really flavorful!
- 2. In a medium-sized non-stick skillet spray with PAM and add oil, set over medium-low heat. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute until fragrant and golden. Add sliced onions and saute for about 1 minute. Add all the seasonings and saute. Set over low heat and saute until really soft, golden-brown and caramelized. This will take about 15 minutes. You want all the onions to be soft, not burnt, and sweet. Set aside when finished. Spray the same non-stick skillet with PAM and set over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant and golden about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add spinach and cook down. After 1 minute add seasonings and keep sauteeing. After about 3-4 minutes, add 1-2 tbsp of the water and cook covered. Open, and check if the spinach is tender and garlicky. If it still is not completely tender, add remaining tbsp of water and cook with a lid until tender and garlicky. Once finished, set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Spray a large rectangular oven-safe dish. Stir the half & half with the sauce until creamy (I like to keep my sauce rustic and chunky, but you can smooth it if you like!). Place 1/4 of the sauce on the bottom of the dish. Layer the dish with 3 lasagna sheets. Place a hefty dollop of ricotta mixture on each sheet and coat each sheet evenly. Top each sheet with the spinach mixture, making sure each sheet has an equal amount.Add the next lasagna sheet layer.
- For the Rest Visit: http://wp.me/p15gh6-6L
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!