SpaetzleFrom babsalaba 3 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, caraway seed and nutmeg.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to the dry ones.
- Combine well until smooth. This will be somewhere between a dough and a batter, and it will be quite thick. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- To form the spaetzle, press the batter through your handy-dandy spaetzle press into the water, one batch at a time, cooking for about 5 minutes, until the spaetzle is all puffy and have floated to the top of the pot. stirring gently to prevent sticking.
- If you don't have a spaetzle press, you can use a large holed colander or slotted spoon over the simmering water and push the dough through the holes with a spatula or spoon.
- Scoop out the spaetzle with a slotted spoon and set in a bowl to rest.
- You can serve it like that, with a pat of butter mixed in or saute them in melted butter until slightly browned.
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!