Grilled Halibut With Zesty Mango Papaya Salsa Over Coconut Cream Lime RiceFrom mrcooksalot 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks shopping list
- SALSA: shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh papaya shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh pinapple shopping list
- 1 roma tomato chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- coconut lime rice: shopping list
- 1 cup basmati rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- 1 lime, zested and juiced shopping list
- ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the halibut. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- In a bowl, combine salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- If grilling the fish, coat grill rack with Olive oil or canola oil before starting the grill.
- Drain and discard marinade from fish. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Serve with Mango/Papaya salsa
- Serve over coconut cream rice (Directions follow)
- Rinse rice until the water runs clear; drain.
- Heat coconut oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir rice and coconut flakes for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, then add the coconut milk, chicken broth, salt and lime zest. Bring to a low boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and season with pepper.
- Enjoy the explosion of flavors in this dish
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!