Gingersnap CrustFrom ahebert 5 years ago
How to make it
- Take the gingersnaps and crush them into tiny pieces, either food processot or simply beating the crap out of them in a plastic bag :), you will need about 1 3/4 cups.
- Combine gingersnaps, sugar and melted butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Transfer to a 9-inch springform pan fo cheesecake or a 9-inch pie-pan for a pie.
- For a cheesecake, pre-bake crust in a preheated at 325F for 15 mins and let cool slightly before adding cheesecake mixture.
- For a pie, put crust mixture in pie dish and spread and pressing mixture evenly about 1-inch up the sides of the dish. Bake as directed for pie (I usually bake at 425F for 15 mins and lower to 350F for 35 mins or until an inserted knife comes out clean).