Slow Cooker Red Wine Short RIbsFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2 c dry red wine shopping list
- 2 TB tomato paste shopping list
- 1 pkt. (0.6oz.)au jus gravy mix shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tso fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 8 shallots,halved shopping list
- 8 beef short ribs (about 3 lbs total) shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In 6 qt. slow cooker,whisk together the red wine,tomato paste,gravy mix,salt,pepper and thyme;add shallots
- Add the ribs,placing meatiest side down. Cover and cook until meat is very tender,on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours.
- With slotted spoon,transfer the ribs to a plate. Using ladle or spoon,skim and discard fat from sauce.
- Spoon sauce over ribs and sprinkle with parsley.
- Note: I do skim some fat and thicken gravy with cornstarch and water. Delicious!