Winter Asparagus Salad With Warm Tangerine DressingFrom keni 4 years ago
- 3T olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2lbs asparagus spears, trimmed up to about 1-2 inches from top*(if asparagus is in season, you can trim lower! :) shopping list
- 12-16oz fresh baby spinach shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago(optional) shopping list
- 3 tangerines, clementines or mandarins(juice and zest!) shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 2t red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 3T honey shopping list
- 1T fresh herb(depending on what you're serving with...can use tarragon, rosemary, thyme, dill, ect) shopping list
- 3/4-1 cup quality salad oil(olive, or part olive and part canola, etc) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- * freeze bottoms of asparagus spears to use in stock! No waste. :) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender or processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Slowly add oil a lil at a time until dressing starts to emulsify.
- Add remainder of oil and process until well combined. Set aside.
- In large, heavy pan(dutch oven, stock pot, etc...I used cast iron :), heat olive oil.
- Just prior to smoking point, add asparagus.
- Toss to coat and sprinkle with salt. See Photo
- Cook about 5 minutes at high heat, tossing a few times.
- Reduce heat, add mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes more.
- Add dressing and heat through, tossing well, again.
- Add spinach and toss once more to coat with the dressing.
- Cook down about 3 minutes.
- Remove to serving platter or plates and sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese, if desired.