Parsnip ChipsFrom myhusbandcooks 7 years ago
How to make it
- Special Equipment: Mandoline, Thermometer
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, fill to about two-thirds (2/3) with oil.
- WARNING: DO NOT OVERFILL! Overfilling will cause the oil to bubble up when you place the chips in and may cause it to spill over. This would be bad. It will increase your odds of a small fire or having your flesh bubbled off by scalding hot oil!
- Over high heat, heat the oil to 350F.
- While the oil is heating, slice the parsnips thin using a mandoline.
- Once the oil has reached temperature, lower a handful of parsnips into the oil using a slotted spoon or spider. Cook for 1 min or until the chips are light brown.
- Remove from the oil and place on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with salt. Let cool for a 5 min. Serve. Enjoy!
The Cookmyhusbandcooks Alexandria, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!