Glazed SalmonFrom cardstarchef 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat broiler and put oven rack at highest setting in oven
- Score both sides of salmon slightly with sharp knife (to "hold" the glaze)
- Mix brown sugar, soy sauce and dijon mustard and beat with wisk until smooth
- Reserve 2 TBSPS of glaze into separte container and add rice wine vinegar (this will drizzled over salmon before serving
- Coat one side of salmon with 1/2 of glaze - place under broiler for about 3 to 4 minutes depending on how you and your guests like your salmon cooked (I prefer warm center)
- Turn salmon (a couple of large spatulas work best to keep the filet from falling apart - presentation is everything!) , coat with remaining glaze and return to broiler for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove from broiler, drizzle with glaze/rice wine vinegar mixture and serve immediately.
- Basmati rice and a simple side salad of spring mix or arugula goes well with this dish.
- Serve with New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (Cloudy Bay if you can find it). Also matches well with Pinot Noir's - I've never been one to suggest that reds and fish couldn't go well together.
The Cookcardstarchef Old Town, Alexandria
The Rating1 people
I absolutely loved the glaze/rice wine vinegar mixture! So good. But, I didn't have rice wine vinegar. I had rice wine and rice vinegar so I just mixed up a half and half batch to use as a substitute. I only had one filet and was wishing I had anot...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
Love salmon. Thank you. Welcome!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!